Friday, September 28, 2012

Cooks Forest, PA

Love hiking, camping, tubing or canoeing down a river, biking, horse back riding, water and amusement parks and seeing lots of wildlife?
Want to go where you can relax and get away from it all?

Cooks Forest Pennsylvania State Park could be just what you're looking for!

This is a perfect getaway if you prefer nature and  want to get away from the hustle and bustle of every day life or away from pollution and noise!

Some of the best souvenir shops, antique and Amish made furniture stores are hidden here if you want to find something unique!

My favorite thing to do is to find one of the water parks, get the kids an all day pass, make sure they have a phone that works if they need to contact me (provided I'm in an area where my phone works) and head out to the shops here that the kids think are boring or just go back to camp and spend some quiet me time with a book.
 *yes, my kids are old enough to be left alone without a babysitter or I wouldn't leave them there!*

A family favorite is to get big inner tubes and float down the river. It takes a couple hours just to do but is a really beautiful, relaxing experience!

We haven't tried the canoes yet, I haven't actually ever been in one and it makes me a little nervous even though the water rarely is more than 3 or 4 feet deep.

If you like Miniature Golf or Putt Putt, there are a few places here that have interesting courses. I love the game when I'm winning and hate it when I'm losing but I'm still a good sport either way!

This is where I like going a lot whether staying in a cabin or camping in a tent or camper. There are plenty of choices of where to stay.

Warm peaceful nights with a camp fire, marshmallows, hot dogs & a sleeping bag is always a  wonderful way to end the day!






No comments:

Post a Comment