Friday, September 28, 2012

Mackinac Island, Michigan

Beautiful old buildings and history are just part of what you will see when you go to Mackinac Island in Michigan!
You take a boat out to the island and it's quite entertaining on the way there. I wasn't exactly sure what to expect when I got there because planning is something I didn't do beforehand!

I want to go back here again, soon just to see more of what I missed!

One of the first things you notice coming up on the island is the Grand Hotel.
The Grand Hotel is named perfectly! It's a beautiful and wonderful part of Michigan's history!

If you have a bicycle, you can pay to take it across on the ferry to get to the island, there are no vehicles there. You can only travel by foot, bike or horse. That is only part of what makes this trip unique!

There are so many things to do here, you could be here for days and still not get to do or see everything.

I thought a house of mirrors would be interesting and yes, interesting as it was, I don't think I'll try that again! I wasn't able to find my way out for a really long time! If I was a kid again, I would probably just stood there and cried for a really long time, although there were kids there that found their way out long before I could figure out that I was trying to go out through the entrance!

The butterfly house was quite interesting! In the butterfly house there were all kinds of butterflies that you just can't see anywhere else! You might even get some that end up landing on you!

There are other little museums and shops all over the island. Some of my favorites included the ones that draw you in like the free samples of fudge! I never knew how many different flavors of fudge there could be! All the exercise you get from walking or riding is cancelled out by all of the fudge you end up eating while there.

So anyways, if you like real fresh air, history and adventure, I would recommend it, it can be a day trip  or you can spend a night at the hotel. I'm sure, either way, you'll have a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment